Start-ups typically come to us with a proof of concept or MVP when preparing to raise their 1st round of seed capital. We bring value through our experience, network and diverse skills acquired through working with investment banks, multinational companies and entrepreneurs. We have worked with several innovative early-stage companies on a broad range of projects. We can play an active, hands-on role in our start-up clients’ success – we can structure our work on a project basis or part-time/interim operating role.
We speak the language of start-ups, especially regarding finance and business development. We have supported many clients in numerous pitch meetings and investor presentations. Whether it is helping entrepreneurs develop their value proposition or securing the funding they deserve from angel groups, private investors or venture firms, we support start-up and emerging growth companies in many ways:
- Development & review of an executive summary, pitch presentations and other initial documents.
- Go-to-market strategies for new products and new market sectors.
- Business plan review and enhancement.
- Capital raise consulting and network connections.
- Advisory board development and recruitment.
- Presentation charrettes and investment opinions.
- Developing relationships with angel groups, private investors and venture firms.
- Investment structuring/monitoring/exit.
- Governance, directorship and compliance.
- Leveraging business experience and network connections for business development and partnerships.
We have over 30 years of combined experience in the hospitality industry. We have amassed invaluable expertise in different jurisdictions ranging from Norway to Japan. Collectively we have negotiated over 200 management, franchise and lease agreements in EMEA and APAC. We have been involved in many hotel real estate transactions, both on the buying and selling sides. We have successfully led several multi-million dollar mediation, court and arbitral proceedings. Our expertise lies in strategic asset management and in developing innovative legal and commercial structures in complex environments.
We give owners and investors unbiased advice on matters related to their properties, including but not limited to:
- M&A: sourcing equity & debt for acquisitions or refinancing, negotiating financing terms.
- Structuring and negotiating joint ventures/framework agreements with investors and property developers for real estate investments.
- Conducting highest and best use analysis, defining a concept and selecting the right brand for new developments, or repositioning existing properties.
- Carrying out operator search & selection and negotiating related agreements.
- Selectively brokering transactions on an off-market basis.
- Owner representation, mediation and dispute resolution.